JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   Forums 
December 13, 2018, 06:40:56 PM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JPPF 5.2.8 node keeps restarting  (Read 152 times)

gavyas

• JPPF Padawan
JPPF 5.2.8 node keeps restarting
« on: September 08, 2018, 11:06:21 PM »

I have a weird error while using JPPF 5.2.8. It was working properly until this morning and I cannot seem to resolve the issue. The JPPF node keeps on restarting with the attached message.

I checked the wrapper config files and they all seem to be fine (based on an earlier post regarding 5.2.1 version, issue 473). I removed other JPPF versions from the classpath folder as well.

Gaurav

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: JPPF 5.2.8 node keeps restarting
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 06:52:17 AM »

Hello Gaurav,

The node console output is showing that the node is actually successfully connecting to the driver. The fact this output is repeating probably means that a problem occurs after the connection. It could be a problem in either the node or the driver it is connected to. Unfortunately, there isn't enough information to understand the nature of the problem. Could you please check in the related log files (wrapper-node.log, jppf-node.log, as well as jppf-driver.log) for any error or exception? Would it be possible for your to post or attach these logs? Also, what version of JPPF are you using, on which OS and with which Java version?

Thanks for your time,
-Laurent

gavyas

• JPPF Padawan
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 02:18:53 PM »

Thanks for the reply. For some reason, I don't see these log files in the folder.  I am using JPPF 5.2.8 and java 1.8.0_31 on windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 03:35:12 PM by gavyas »

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 07:18:34 PM »

Hello,

For some reason, I don't see these log files in the folder

These log files should be located in the root installation folder of your node and of your driver, respectively. The node and driver may be on separate machines.

You mentioned the file wrapper config files, could you please confirm whether you run the JPPF node and/or driver as a service with Java Service Wrapper?

Could you also please provide the configuration of your JPPF node and driver (<node_install_root>\config\jppf-node.properties and <driver_install_root>\config\jppf-driver.properties) so we can have an understanding of your grid setup?

Thanks,
-Laurent

gavyas

• JPPF Padawan
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 07:46:14 PM »

I don't see the log files. Weird. See the attached snapshot of the folder.

I have also attached the property files for your reference. Both driver and nodes are on the same machine. There is only one node on the machine. I am not using Java wrapper service at this point.

The set up used to work efficiently until two days back. Not sure what got changed in the configuration. Any direction to troubleshoot this will be highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:50:45 PM by gavyas »

gavyas

• JPPF Padawan
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »

For some reason, it has started to work fine again. It seems there was another user who had a java application running and it may have interfered with my run.Do you think that is a possible explanation of the issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads