adequate
adequate
adequate
adequate

JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   Forums 
September 19, 2018, 03:13:34 AM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any effective and useful way to debug the node, sever, client. etc?  (Read 134 times)

namd2

• JPPF Padawan

Hi everyone and administrator,

I had used JPPF for a short time. Sometime, I find some wired problem. If I can debug the JPPF program, I will save a lot time and grasp essential JPPF.

Is there any effective and useful way to debug the node, sever, client and admin-ui when the entire system happen wrong?

Thanks.

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site

Hello,

First, if you haven't already, you might want to take a look a some troubleshooting hints provided in "Help us help you: a few troubleshooting guidelines".

The next step in troubleshooting a problem is to have a look at the log files generates by the nodes, drivers and clients. By default they are named "jppf-node.log", "jppf-driver.log" and "jppf-client.log", and are located in  the directory from which the node, driver or client is launched. This files will provide information about any error or exception that may have occurred in JPPF.

By default, the logs are not very verbose. You can change this by setting a finer logging level in the Log4j configuration file located at config/log4j-*.properties. In this file, you should see the following line:
Code: [Select]
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, JPPFIf you replace "INFO" with "DEBUG" then the logs wil be much more verbose.

You might also be more granular in which part of the code you want to log at DEBUG level, to avoid noise in the log files. For instance, you can  select specific package hierarchies depending on which JPPF component is running, instead of setting DEBUG level for the rootLogger:

for a client, add the line:
log4j.logger.org.jppf.client=DEBUG
for a driver, add the line:
log4j.logger.org.jppf.server=DEBUG
for a node, add the lines:
log4j.logger.org.jppf.node=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.jppf.server.node=DEBUG

for management and monitoring stuff in any component:
log4j.logger.org.jppf.management=DEBUG
Another option is to configure a node or driver for remote debugging and debug it from your IDE of choice. For this, you need to add the related JVM options in the jppf.jvm.options configuration property, for example:
jppf.jvm.options = -Xmx256m -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=www.myhost.com:8000,server=y,suspend=nwith these options, you can connect to the remote driver or node on host "www.myhost.com" on port 8000.

I hope this helps,
-Laurent
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads