adequate
adequate
adequate
adequate

JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   Forums 
September 19, 2018, 03:35:51 AM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with AdaptiveGridDemo from sample pack  (Read 298 times)

jim_pb

• JPPF Master
problem with AdaptiveGridDemo from sample pack
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:48:39 AM »

Hello Laurent,

I'm interested in the node provisioning feature and have tried running the AdaptiveGridDemo sample program to learn more about how to use the capability.  I'm using JPPF 5.1.4 and started a node and a driver, both on localhost, using the startnode.bat and startdriver.bat files from the distribution, with the default properties files.  I was able to run the demo in Eclipse, using the default config file, to a point.  When the first job is submitted, no result is returned - the sample program just hangs.

I see in the code that at the start of this program, there are no slave nodes provisioned yet.  But the code does not set an explicit policy to prevent jobs from running on the master node, so I would have thought the tasks should run on the one master node.  I started the master node with debugging enabled and put a breakpoint inside the run() method of the SimpleTask.  The breakpoint is never reached.

Do you have the same experience when you run this demo, or is it unique to my configuration?  Can you help me identify what I might have mis-configured or what I might need to change?

By the way, this is almost the use case I'm considering.  I want to start a topology with some number of master nodes, and have my program start and execute using some slave nodes, then terminate those slave nodes, leaving the original topology for the next program to use.  I just want to get the demo use case working and then modify it accordingly.

Thank you for your guidance!

Jim

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: problem with AdaptiveGridDemo from sample pack
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 01:13:53 PM »

Hi Jim,

The demo is definitely not working, and I can observe the same issue on my side. I registered a bug for this: JPPF-465 Adaptive Grid demo is not working. I apologize for the inconvenience.

As you can see in the comments section of the bug report, there is a design issue in the demo itself. There is nothing wrong in your setup, as the demo should work "as is".

I have fixed the issue and published the corresponding patch 02 for JPPF 5.1.4. Please let us know if this works for you and do not hesitate to come back to us if you have further questions or issues.

Sincerely,
-Laurent

jim_pb

• JPPF Master
Re: problem with AdaptiveGridDemo from sample pack
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »

Thank you very much for sorting it out!  I am able to run the demo now.  I will be in touch if I have other questions about how to use it for my implementation.  Thank you!

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads