JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   On Github   Forums 
August 11, 2020, 08:39:08 PM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JPPF Management / Configuration Files  (Read 3246 times)

gtbarke

JPPF Management / Configuration Files
« on: July 02, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »

Hi again,

First off, just wanted to let you know we are starting to get some pretty reliable results using your framework!  So far, we are limiting our network to identical machines (quad quad-core Dell servers) typically utilizing ~120 threads, but when we understand our configuration options better we plan to expand to other machines available in our department including some lesser capable linux and unix machines. Mostly,  our problems seem to appear to be all self-inflicted, although the system still unexplicably hangs on rare occasions (?still self-inflicted?).  Now we are looking at trying to make our lives a little easier and have a couple of questions regarding the configuration files:

1)  Is there a way to specify wild cards for filename access in the jppf.policy file that the node uses?  We have tried "file/path/*.*" and "file/path/*.xx" and while no errors are thrown reading the policy file, the node still can't access the files covered by the wildcards.  Is there special syntax or is it possible at all?

2) Provided we placed a single jppf.policy file in the driver classpath to be served to all nodes, do the nodes need to be stopped and restarted when that policy file is edited?  Is there a mechanism for doing so within the framework?

Thanks in advance

glenn

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
JPPF Management / Configuration Files
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 08:22:05 PM »

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for sharing your current success with JPPF!

To answer your questions:

1) The syntax for file permissions in jppf.policy is the same as for a standard security policy file.
A detailed documentation on this can be found here.
According to this doc, I understand you should use "file/path/*", or "file/path/-" if you also want to include the sub-directories.

2) It was our intent a long time ago to implement this feature, however it's never worked. I acknowledge that it would be a lot easier indeed, not to have to redeploy the security policy.
I have registered a feature request for this: 2009034 - Ability to deploy the security policy from the server
Regarding the capability to retart the nodes, I have registered another feature request: 2009041 - Ability to remotely stop/restart the nodes

I hope this helps.
-Laurent
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads