JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   On Github   Forums 
November 18, 2019, 07:32:19 AM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selecting / defining network interface to use by server/client  (Read 1922 times)

prsiv

• JPPF Padawan

Hello All,

I just came across JPPF and have started to evaluate it for use.  JPPF looks like a really well developed application.

I have a configuration question that I have so far been unable to find and answer to....

I have computers with two nics in them.   The default nic is on the WWW and the 2nd nic is used for internal development. I would like to configure JPPF to utilize the second (internal development) nic and to NOT use the default (WWW) nic.

How do I 'force' JPPF to use a specific nic?

Thanks!
Paul

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: Selecting / defining network interface to use by server/client
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 07:04:06 AM »

Hello Paul,

There are 2 ways to accomplish that:

1) If you are using server auto-discovery, you have the ability to configure IP address filters in the configuration of your nodes and clients. Please take a look at the related documentation for the nodes and clients to see how it is done.
Note that, by default, the server will broadcast to all available network interfaces, and this is not configurable. I have created a feature request for this: JPPF-44 - Restrict server broadcast to specific interfaces for discovery.

2) You may also disable server discovery, in which case you specify explicitely which newtwork interfaces (via their IP addresses) will be used.

I hope this clarifies.

Sincerely,
-Laurent
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads