JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   On Github   Forums 
November 22, 2019, 10:38:02 PM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using databases to configure Nodes and Drivers instead of config files....  (Read 2290 times)

subnoize

• JPPF Padawan

Hello,

I need to pass the Drivers and Nodes their configuration dynamically. Since the environment has no "disk" in the true sense JPPF has no where to load a configuration file from making the command line parameter worthless. Is there a tutorial on how to start up and configure Drivers and Nodes directly in Java?

Thanks,

John

PS. Another way to look at this is it would be nice to embed the Drivers and Nodes and configure them on the fly from other sources such as databases.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:19:31 PM by subnoize »

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site

Hello John,

JPPF now has the possiblity to get the configuration from a source other than a properties file. The configuration guide provides a detailed description of how it can be done. The -Djppf.config.plugin option gives you a great degree of flexibility for where you can get the configuration for your drivers and nodes.

As an example, this feature was contributed by one of our users running JPPF on Amazon EC2, and allowed him to get the configuration from Amzon S3 storage.

With this, I don't see anything that would prevent you from getting the configuration properties from a database.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
-Laurent

subnoize

• JPPF Padawan

Laurent,

Thank you for the help. That is exactly what I needed!

John
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:22:55 PM by subnoize »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads