JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   On Github   Forums 
December 13, 2019, 03:30:41 AM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using pre-existing application  (Read 1916 times)

willis

Using pre-existing application
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:36:27 AM »

I have an application that is already built in Rational Application Developer, it packages as a jar. I have been running it by just calling the jar with a command line command form java but this is just for testing purposes (since I need the same dir structures on all the nodes). I want to integrate the code. Does this mean that the entire application will need to build with Ant? Is there a strategy to the integration that would make it easy.

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: Using pre-existing application
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 04:02:10 AM »

Hello willis,

I am not sure what level of integration you wish to achieve. Do you want to be able to run your application from RAD? If this is the case, then you have several options:
- you can use the required jppf*.jar and add them to the client project's build path (a client application requires jppf-client.jar, jppf-common.jar and jppf-common-node.jar)
- if you have downloaded the source distribution, you will notice that it comes as an Eclipse workspace, so all you need to do is import the projects into your workspace, and you can use them as dependencies for your application as well. If you look at the "demo" project, you will see that it has numerous examples of client applications, as well as a number of launch configurations for these applications and also for launching nodes and drivers.
- you may also import the latest code from the SVN repository. I wrote some time ago about how to setup a JPPF deveopment environment in the JPPF blog, and I'm sure you will find some useful information there: http://www.jroller.com/jppf/entry/development_flow_sharing_with_the , especially in the "Development and build environment" section.

I hope this answers your question. If I misunderstood your intent, would you mind elaborating/clarifying a little more?

Sincerely,
-Laurent

Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads