JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   On Github   Forums 
July 12, 2020, 06:02:44 AM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote client configuration  (Read 2514 times)

Bart

• JPPF Padawan
Remote client configuration
« on: December 13, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »

Hi,

I'm trying to configure JPPF 2.3 on a 3 Linux machines cluster.
Node can connect to driver, I can also execute the application template example if run from the same machine as driver. But when I'm trying to run client from remote machine I'm getting "[java] org.jppf.JPPFException: Null driver connection and local executor is disabled" exception.

Driver's jppf.server.host property is set to it's IP address, on client driver1.jppf.server.host has the same value. Client's jar file is deployed to driver's lib directory. I can run a node on the machine I'm attempting to run client and this node executes tasks when run from driver's machine.

Could you please give some advice.

Thanks

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: Remote client configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 05:34:35 AM »

Hello,

Can you please check in your client configuration that you have at least the following properties defined:

Code: [Select]
jppf.drivers = driver1
driver1.jppf.server.host = <your_driver_ip>
jppf.discovery.enabled = false

If jppf.discovery.enabled is set to true, then the host and port settings will be ignored: they will be obtained from a UDP broadcast from the driver.

Is there anything relevant in the client's log file?

Thanks,
-Laurent

Bart

• JPPF Padawan
Re: Remote client configuration
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »

Thanks a lot lolocohen - I had jppf.discovery.enabled = true so after I've changed that it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads