adequate
adequate
adequate
adequate

JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   Forums 
October 21, 2017, 03:28:08 AM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The admin-ui only show two nodes when three nodes connected to server  (Read 20 times)

namd2

• JPPF Padawan

Hi lolo,

I found a wired problem, I have three nodes connected to one server. However, the JPPF-5.2.8-admin-ui only shows two nodes in the topology view and job data.

The JPPF-5.2.8-admin-ui can not show the node which "hostname" is named to "pragma.wsz.edu.cn".

what is the problem? And how I debug it?

Thanks for your help.
Tom.

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: The admin-ui only show two nodes when three nodes connected to server
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 09:27:46 AM »

Hello Tom,

You might find some information about the problem in the logs of the driver, node and/or admin tool. These files are named jppf-xxx.log and are found at the root installation folder of each component. Could you post these files in this thread, or attach them (zipped) to a post?

Thanks for your time,
-Laurent

namd2

• JPPF Padawan
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:49:55 PM »

hi,
the jppf can not be login in my country, i send the message through special tools in phone.
i check the "pragma.wsz.edu.cn" is the computer clusters. Can jppf gui recognize the computer clusters?if yes, i will try to send the log file.

thanks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:51:35 PM by namd2 »

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 10:36:42 AM »

Hello,

I understand that it is not possible for you to send log files. Let's use a different approach. Unfortunately, I cannot access "pragma.wsz.edu.cn" either.

The admin tool does not connect to the nodes directly. It always goes through the driver for management and monitoring requests. Therefore, if there is a connectivity problem, it has to be between the driver and the node. I propose that you add the following line to your driver log4j configuration file in config/log4j-driver.properties:

Code: [Select]
log4j.logger.org.jppf.server.nio.nodeserver=DEBUG
After adding it, restarting the driver and the node with the problem, you should see 2 lines similar to these in the driver's log file (jppf-driver.log):

2017-10-15 09:37:27,124 [DEBUG][org.jppf.server.nio.nodeserver.AbstractNodeContext.initializeJmxConnection(408)]: establishing JMX connection for JPPFManagementInfo[<node_host_name>:12001, type=node|MASTER, local=false, secure=false, active=true, uuid=FDB125ED-8C5A-6B3E-2943-9375B271ACC8]
2017-10-15 09:37:27,140 [DEBUG][org.jppf.server.nio.nodeserver.NodeJMXWrapperListener.jmxWrapperConnected(59)]: JMXNodeConnectionWrapper[url=service:jmx:jmxmp://<node_ip_address>:12001, connected=true, local=false, secure=false] connected for node RemoteNodeContext[channel=SelectionKeyWrapper[id=4], state=IDLE, uuid=FDB125ED-8C5A-6B3E-2943-9375B271ACC8, connectionUuid=null, peer=false, ssl=false]

If you can see the first trace but not the second, it means that the driver is not connecting to the node via JMX. Can you check that the JMX port on the node (12001 by default) is accesible from the driver's computer?
This port is set in the node's configuration file config/jppf-node.properties like this:
jppf.node.management.port = 12001
I hope this helps,
-Laurent
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads