JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net

The open source
grid computing

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   Forums 
March 22, 2018, 07:09:04 AM *
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Executing tasks from different Jobs in the same node  (Read 118 times)

• JPPF Padawan
Executing tasks from different Jobs in the same node
« on: August 25, 2017, 04:49:27 AM »

I'm very new with JPPF and I'm trying to use it for a college research on distributed execution models.
I have a little question I'm sure you can answer:

-First suppose this setup: A machine running a driver instance and a node instance the same time.

I run a JPPF client configured programatically to use 4 connections to the driver so I can send 4 Jobs to be executed the same time.
This is done correctly because I can see "Executing" state for the 4 jobs in the admin-ui.
If I put 1 task in every Job then my driver executes the tasks one by one but if I put 4 tasks in every Job the four tasks are executed together - that is telling me that my driver is configured properly to send up to 4 tasks to a node -
So I wonder if there is a way to tell the driver to execute up to 4 tasks from different Jobs in the same node simultaneously for the cases where a job has less than 4 tasks.

Thank you very much and sorry for my English  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up
JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads