JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net

The open source
grid computing

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   Forums 
March 22, 2018, 06:55:33 AM *
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help in debugging a task  (Read 118 times)

• JPPF Padawan
Need help in debugging a task
« on: March 15, 2017, 03:21:32 PM »

I would like to debug a task running on a node with the help of Eclipse IDE. Is it possible? I saw some posts related to debug flow but it's not working for me. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm launching my application from Eclipse in DEBUG mode with the below config options.

jppf.jvm.options = -server -Xmx512m -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=localhost:8000,server=y,suspend=n

I've so many debug points in my task but the task is getting executed without stopping at the debug point.

Pradeep Jaini.

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: Need help in debugging a task
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:06:36 AM »

Hello Pradeep,

It is possible that the task is executing on a different node than the one on which you set the JVM debug options. Can you check whether this is what's happening?
If so, then you can remedy by:
- setting the debug options on all the nodes, but then you need to connect to each of them with a separate remote debug launch configuration in Eclipse
- or you can specify a filter for the nodes on which your tasks can execute, to ensure the task will execute on the node of your chosing

From your previous post, I could see from the stack trace that you were using a JPPFExecutorService to submit your tasks. In this case, you can specify an execution policy in the SLA of the executor's configuration, as in this example:
Code: [Select]
try (JPPFClient client = new JPPFClient()) {
  JPPFExecutorService executor = new JPPFExecutorService(client);
  // assuming the node's ip address is
  ExecutionPolicy policy = new Contains("ipv4.addresses", true, "");
  JobConfiguration jobConfig = executor.getConfiguration().getJobConfiguration();
  Future<String> f = executor.submit(new MyTask());
  // now we remove the execution policy for the next task
  // .....
} catch (Exception e) {

Pages: [1]   Go Up
JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads