JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net

The open source
grid computing

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   Forums 
March 22, 2018, 07:09:31 AM *
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job Freezing  (Read 224 times)

Job Freezing
« on: June 25, 2016, 07:45:59 AM »

Hello, one peculiar issue that I am running into deals with my node having trouble doing the tasks of a job. I checked my job data monitor and found the node failing to run the tasks. This especially happens when I try including more than one server in my grid (Everything seems to work fine when I only include one server). I have attached a photo of a screenshot of this strange occurrence. The picture shows some of my jobs being executed with a node doing the task but it just stays like that forever and does not make any progress. Do you know any reason why my jobs are failing to execute as shown in the photo? Are the two servers somehow conflicting each other when running the jobs? Thanks!

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: Job Freezing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:38:31 AM »

Hello Jim,

Unfortunately, there is little information to work with. From your screenshot, we can see that a job is bieng executed on node spare23333 which is attached to the server at If the job remains stuck in this position, then I would say it's likely something happened in the node. Have you checked the node's log for error messages sor exceptions? Similarly, is there anything relavant in the server's log?

Also, could you please tell us how you configured the connectivity between servers? Did you use perr discovery or did you manually configure the connection on each side?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads