adequate
adequate
adequate
adequate

JPPF, java, parallel computing, distributed computing, grid computing, parallel, distributed, cluster, grid, cloud, open source, android, .net
JPPF

The open source
grid computing
solution

Home   About   Features   Download   Documentation   Forums 
May 29, 2017, 02:05:05 AM *
Welcome,
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
News: New users, please read this message. Thank you!
  Home Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JPPF for RTS game  (Read 1667 times)

terrablast

• JPPF Padawan
JPPF for RTS game
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »

Hi, JPPF,

I had try to setup the example on the JPPF side, and I found that the time taken to submit a job to its completion has

latency more then 1s. Is it normal or I havent tune it correctly.

My goal is to implement Game Logic with JPPF Job. I found the latency is too high for that purpose.

Regards,
Raymond

lolo

• Administrator
  • JPPF Council Member
    • JPPF Web site
Re: JPPF for RTS game
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:07:41 AM »

Hello Raymond,

Could you please elaborate on the testing you have done? What is your expectation performance-wise?
Have you tried submitting many jobs (in sequence or concurrently), and was the performance the same for each of them?
Can you tell us how many tasks you typically have in a job?
Also what is your networking environment, are you running your grid within a local network, or do you have nodes / clients connecting over the internet?
Also, remember that some tuning may need to be done, especially in terms of configuring the load balancing for your server, so it can be adapted to work best with the configuration of your jobs, and the number of nodes to which the work can be dispatched. It would be great if you could provide all this information. Ideally, if you could provide some code for what you are testing, I'd be happy to give it a try and see what can be improved.

Sincerely,
-Laurent
Pages: [1]   Go Up

JPPF Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC Get JPPF at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads